View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 03:42 AM   #2729
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
i'm going to have to take a listen, are they more alt or metal?
Are you serious?! You love fuzzy guitar tones and you haven't listened to the freaking Melvins?! You're going to jizz buckets, friend.

Jesus dude, get on this right now. Start with Stoner Witch, Houdini and Stag and move out from there. Stylistically they lean towards metal more than alternative rock. They're definitely far heavier than, say, Dinosaur Jr or something. That said their palette is huge.

The early stuff is mega-neanderthal sludge/doom, they have some straight up heavy metal moments (The Bit is absolute genius, see below), and a lot of the stuff from the last 15 years leans towards acid-fucked proto-hardcore punk as well as including a lot of experimenting with multiple vocalists, loops and soundscapes, weird song structure, and crazy percussion.

A few years ago they hooked up with another band called Big Business (who also rule), and since then they've started to develop a very unique new sound with the two drummers/four vocalists thing. I saw them earlier this year and they caved my face in.