View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 12:44 PM   #211
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Learn something new every day - I had no idea that you get discounts at a ton of companies if you are an NRA member. how does that make any sense. guess it's a good thing that some of them are dialing back their NRA support now but...

Quote:
Delta and United — two of the largest airlines in the world — have joined a growing list of companies cutting ties with the National Rifle Association amid a growing boycott movement inspired by the Feb. 14 massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School with a legally purchased AR-15 rifle.

Without context, the airlines’ twin announcements on Saturday morning might look trivial: The end of a discount program for NRA members, which few outside the gun rights organization likely knew existed before the boycott efforts.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b9a1758cd3c6

how many discount programs are there in total in the US for NRA members???

Quote:
But because they follow similar announcements by car rental giants Avis, Hertz and Enterprise, the Best Western hotel chain, the global insurance company MetLife, and more than a dozen other corporations that used to contract, partner or otherwise affiliate with the NRA, the airline’s move is the latest victory for the #BoycottNRA movement — and the latest bad omen for a gun rights lobby that had seemed untouchable less than two weeks ago.

Last edited by pavementtune : 02-24-2018 at 12:55 PM.