View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 07:02 PM   #144
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

if it doesn't lead to huge spikes it will mean that we got it to a low enough level to stop it from high circulation because of lockdown.

but we didn't. the most we can hope for is it takes a month or two until it gets bad again.

there is a disconnect though, when people say protesting is worth it but x wasn't. usually filled with 'haircuts' and 'going to the bar' etc, but really it's not about haircuts or bars but barbers and the livelihood of those who work at the establishments, at a higher level.

i still think it was worth it, and sure some people really do mean 'haircuts' when they complain about wanting to get a haircut.

so the question is, are tens of thousands or more of extra deaths worth businesses staying in business? or, will the toll be so high - if they do stay open - that it won't matter anyway, business will have to close because all the workers will be sick, people will be too afraid to go out anyway, etc?

and the current question is, are tens of thousands or more of extra deaths worth significant police reform and acknowledgement of the wrongness of the confederacy and real measures to get past that on a societal level? or, when all those people do get sick, will the movement itself be vilified as 'causing' so much death for a not good enough reason?

Last edited by reprise85 : 06-11-2020 at 07:09 PM.