View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 10:35 PM   #5
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
God, is this your latest teen sensation that you're fawning over?
lol, how do you not know who this is. even I know. and i never know

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday...cca_Black_song)

Quote:
The song has received almost universally negative reviews from music critics, for its songwriting, instrumentation, Black's singing voice, and the video choreography. Lyndsey Parker of Yahoo! Music asked if it could be "the worst song ever."[24] On March 29, 2011, it surpassed Justin Bieber's "Baby" as the most disliked YouTube video, with 1.17 million dislikes,[25][26] and once had over 3 million "dislikes", accounting for 88% of the total ratings of the video.[8] The video was later removed, although it has since been officially re-uploaded.[27] The co-writer and producer of "Friday", Clarence Jey, said about the song that "the concept we feel seems to have crossed a lot of boundaries, for the better or worse."[15] Observers have called it "bizarre," "inept," and "hilariously dreadful."[28][29][30] The song and Black herself were "savaged" on social networks across the Internet,[31] while being seen as a "YouTube laughing stock."[32] On YouTube, the video was met with negative comments and video responses, including comments interpreted as "violent".[33] Kevin Rutherford, a columnist for Billboard magazine, wrote, "Black's video for 'Friday' is one of those rare occurrences where even the most seasoned critics of Internet culture don't know where to begin. From the singing straight out of Auto-Tuned hell to lyrics such as 'Tomorrow is Saturday / And Sunday comes afterwards / I don't want this weekend to end' and a hilariously bad rap about passing school buses, 'Friday' is something that simply must be seen and heard to be fully appreciated."[34] Many other reviewers also singled out the lyrics in particular for criticism,[35][36] which were described as "overly simple and repetitive" by TNT Magazine.[37] Jim Edwards of BNET and Doug Gross of CNN both noted that the rap break from the considerably older rapper was "creepy."[38][39] Time ranked it number two on a list of "Top 10 Songs with Silly Lyrics."[40][41]