View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 04:36 AM   #25
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally posted by wHATcOLOR

but the car was fixed and everything was fine for a couple years, got a better job, no issues with the car, UNTIL i had to get a smog test renewed. it turned out that because i had pushed the body shop to go so cheap on the repair, they used the wrong kind of engine wiring harness, which caused the computer to throw an error, and fail the smog test. cost to replace the engine wiring harness was close to the value of the whole car at that point, so i decided in my youthful ignorance to just drive as long as i could with an expired registration and just deal with it when i was forced to.
lol it's amazing how similar to my own story that is, i didn't think anybody else was enough of a saddo to have the same story. of course, now you own a spanking brand new Mercedes SLK 500 and i'm using the Shanghai metro, but you know.

i was driving a dented, noisy, screeching, messed up vehicle with an expired car tag because at one point it was just ridiculous to keep paying for all those repairs when the car's worth was basically fuck all.

at one point i just left it to die in some street until my dad and my uncle helped me out and took it to some guy to have it taken apart and used for whatever purposes. it was a 1997 Mazda and i loved it, actually. it served me very well for like ten years... it died around the same time my relationship did.

these days i'm not driving at all, obviously, and to be frank i don't miss it much. i miss the quiet and the peace and the 'enclosed moving capsule' thing where you're fully by yourself, it's meditative. but i don't miss heavy traffic, paying shitloads of fees, repairs and gas money, parking issues, fearing cops, being limited about drinking/getting fucked up when you go out cause you need to drive back, etc. which in israel is kinda severe anyway, on all accounts.

so much easier to just use my bicycle or the metro here. can't really ask for more. i live a simple life with barely any possessions at all these days and i'm surprisingly content about that, at least most of the time.

as to driving style, i'm usually very relaxed and take pleasure in driving slowly in the right lane, take my time, listen to music and think about stuff. like whatcolor, i used to drive much faster and sort of make it almost like a 'game'. nothing too crazy or dangerous, but i stopped all that shit a long time ago.