View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #77
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Well, I don't know about the politics behind it, but I think it's great, I see a lot of bands using it for promotion but putting their music up at bandcamp. The thing about myspace is that it takes too long to load, and all the custom pages became douchebaggy. And everyone just left of course, so only the bands were left--but only because it was a good way to put your booking demo or whatever up. But now you can do that on bandcamp and even fb...

So yeah, I think the fb thing is pretty good. So if my band is playing a gig, I just create an event on fb and invite a bunch of people. Then some of those people will end up "liking" it, and their friends who don't know me will see that persons activity it and go "huh?" You know what I mean? Networking... We have 84 people who "like" us, but I only actually know 29 for them.

I also use our fb page to archive pictures, since I don't really like photobucket or flickr. And you CAN actually put music up on your fb with a special app called BandPage, although it just links the media from your soundcloud accont. Our fb thing is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cu...6861793?v=info if you want to see the BandpAge app.