View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 06:50 AM   #28
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Too many to count, but notably:

The End Is The Beginning Is The End - 1997 and headbanging in my dad's car, singing along every time it came on the radio. I'll forever associate that song with all the times we'd drive around. Miss him terribly.

To Sheila - Not out of any particular emotional attachment to lyrics. It's just a beautiful song that got me from listen one and still does.

All of Machina I in general. Winter 2000 and being in love. Album on repeat. Constant trips over to her place, intimacy.

Blissed And Gone - I have a very vivid memory of walking home from a friend's place listening to Judas O on my discman, middle of January in the cold, snow coming down. This was in the year break I took between high school and college, and I'd just found out said friend was moving off to Toronto, and I'd come off my first real relationship (aforementioned) and it had ended badly:

I had no voice
I had no drive
I had no choice
I've done my time
I had myself
Had my band
I had my love
Had no hand in watching it all fall apart

And I'm thinking to myself Jesus fuck, high school is over, innocence is over, my life is about to change forever

And if you're still feeling down
Then maybe you need me around
To lift and scold you
To send you crashing all right now
Maybe you need me around

And that moment right there, hearing that, was when despite being more into NIN and Manson and any number of industrial acts, I really had my moment of fucking hell this band I've been enjoying so much for years now is really fucking gone isn't it, fuck I'm going to miss them so much oh no