View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 05:14 AM   #40
T&T
Socialphobic

I don't think it's about 'copying', but just what was available as top tier gear at those times.
The market wasn't saturated with options or Bradshaw type switching rack systems, and there was only a handful of techs that could build them... with waiting lists. Those techs would obviously be quick to suggest the same top tier gear to multiple clients. and you know billy's an investigative topper and would want to learn everything these guys would have to say - billy's a gear nut, it's only normal that he went out and bought the best stuff all the time

Strategy 500 amps were only in production for 10 months (June 1991 - April 1992),
Billy had Diezel VH4 amps in 1999, that's ridiculous. they were practically unobtanium at that time. Diezel amps started out as a boutique modded marshall, it's only natural that he'd known about them. Billy had his KT88 modded JCM 800... he was an amp nerd with OCD from the start.

off the top of my head I can't name other switching tube preamps aside from the ADA & Triaxis available back in the early 90's

Last edited by T&T : 10-09-2016 at 05:28 AM.