View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 02:15 AM   #4
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Billy Mohler:

"@jimmychamberlincomplex is ALIVE! Makes sense to post it here first as this is where it all started. I posted some upright bass clips over the past couple years and those posts became the foundation for many of the songs on 'The Parable'. The clips are still in my feed. @chamberdrums and @seanwool_sten_hulme and I have been talking about making a new record for years and with the help of childhood friend @randyingram and one of the coolest dudes around @chrisspeed11 we booked one day at Sunset Sound. Jimmy, Randy and Sean flew in for one day, so with no rehearsal, and a few sketches we went for it! With @le_darth_fader on the faders and @jdanovic and @kristingram documenting the session, we recorded 6 songs two of which were written on the spot! Then just as quickly as everyone got into town, they were gone and somehow we had a record! 2 or 3 of the songs are one take, with no backups for safety😳. Upon listening to the rough mixes that @le_darth_fader made at the session we collectively decided they had the feeling of that day in them and that they were the "final" mixes. Six hours of work and completed, mixed record! From there I sent the record to another childhood friend @natewoodmusic for mastering and wah lahhh! It's been 10 years since we made our first record and I couldn't be more excited to get 'The Parable' out into the world!! Sorry for the long post ❤️❤️❤️ #makerecords #jimmychamberlincomplex #newmusic #jazz #uprightbass #bass"