Thread: can you cook?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #234
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
what is your concept of survival? does it ******* some kind of gradation like I will be in better condition in 20 years if I eat a bit of meat every few days than if I don't...that kind of thing? Or just...if I don't eat meat, I won't die in the next few days.
for most people, it's not necessary to eat meat in order to live to a ripe old age. that's what i meant.

Quote:
if you have regret, stop doing it = non sequitur
you said this:

Quote:
It isn't good for them or us, to mistreat them or not take their life with some sense of regret and gratitude.
i was referring to that. if i regretted eating meat, and i didn't need to eat it in order to survive, i would consider giving it up.

Quote:
gratitude for something taken without being given isn't gratitude - why not?
because it's not freely given; animals don't give up their lives as part of the beautiful fabric of nature, people outsmart them and kill them.

it's a forced utility transfer. that means the kind of untargeted gratitude we are capable of feeling – e.g., to the universe for meeting the conditions necessary for our existence – is misplaced. it's easy to imagine that kind of sentiment contributing to a false sense of justification – it feels wholesome, virtuous even

Last edited by Lucky Day Spa : 05-17-2014 at 02:15 PM.