View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 03:55 PM   #23
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
...just stumbled upon this article from 2009...
http://www.oregonlive.com/music/inde...goes_from.html
It began to feel real in that way a dream does when you wake up and you wonder, "Did that really happen?" It had really happened.

He really had visited the Zildjian headquarters, where he had his pick of the finest drum equipment available -- the best cymbals imaginable. "Cymbals that are typically so far out of my price range it's ridiculous," he says. "It was a really, really good day to say the least."

He really was working with the band and producer Kerry Brown in an old house off Ventura Boulevard in Hollywood. And, after he played his first show with the band in the backyard of that house, that really was Jessica Simpson who walked over and talked to him, followed by actor Zach Braff, followed by Jane's Addiction singer Perry Farrell.

"That guy, everything he says, it's almost like mystic," Byrne says of Farrell.

That really was Byrne's name in Rolling Stone when, finally, on Aug. 17, he was officially announced as the new Smashing Pumpkins drummer.

"He truly deserves this opportunity," Corgan said in a statement. "I believe in my heart he will push me to be a better musician."

Byrne joined Corgan on a short tour in August that earned solid reviews and -- what do you know? -- he really did have someone whose job it was to care for and carry his drum kit.

"We hire people to do it," he was told.

A dream come true that became a nightmare...?

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 03-17-2018 at 04:07 PM.