View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 11:27 PM   #1268
SOUL PWR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I watched Nymphomaniac: Vol. 1, last night.

Wow, basically. I'm still kind of processing it, but it was definitely captivating and I'll probably slot in the second part at some point in the very near future. My biggest complaint would have to be the use of that Rammstein song, which was totally out of place and only harmed an otherwise immaculate opening.

Anybody else seen it?
Yeah, saw both of them (though not the extended cuts - which I imagine really just have more pussy and cock, for the most part.) I liked both movies, gave you a lot to think about. I thought it tried a little too hard to be intellectual at times, some of those bits I thought were a little too complex for the story to be practical. But what was really interesting to me is the subject matter of nymphomania itself. Being a nymphomaniac is something people joke about, but the movie really explores the depths of this woman's mental disease and how utterly life-destroying it is. The movie stays with you. I saw it probably over half a year ago and I still find myself randomly thinking about a number of its scenes sometimes.

The ending of part 2 was frustrating as hell, though.

Last edited by SOUL PWR : 12-18-2015 at 11:33 PM.