Thread: Hurricane Irma
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #27
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i thought this was another way of saying, "not with anything with more than a cat." and i was gonna ask what all you would be leaving behind.

at least you have a car to pack stuff in. leave sooner than later. better safe and looking a little dumb than sorry and looking a little dead. do you have a cat carrier?
i have a carrier. i will be going to my mom's on friday with the cat, my laptop, guitar, and some essential paperwork. if this apartment gets destoryed, it would suck but not a big deal. her complex is concrete and she is on the first flood. so no worry of the roof coming off and if it gets destroyed that means everything got destroyed because it's a very strong building. she has 3 internal rooms without windows plus shutters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxzombie View Post
you should leave if you can. south florida isn't a fishbowl like new orleans but there's no high ground unless you're heading for the landfill.
i will be in west boca near lyons and glades. shouldn't have to worry about intense flooding. some yes, but nothing terrible cuz the storm is not slow. where i live now will potentially get destroyed, i'm right across from federal and everything east of it is mandatory evacuating. and this house was built in the 50s.

thanks for the concern though guys (tone: sincere). i'm a veteran to hurricanes and i've never seen people taking a storm so seriously, so early before