View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 11:02 PM   #105
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I have my follow-up appointment with a medical doctor in the Wellness Center today. The appointment that I'm off the wait list for is with the non-medical counselors (I think they tend to be psychologists).

I dunno, last time I saw the medical doctor, she told me to start normalizing my sleep schedule, get more exercise, eat better, etc. I haven't really done any of that yet. I'm guessing I can't move forward with any treatment until I actually try to fix shit on my own. But I don't know how I'm supposed to have time to get more sleep and exercise when I'm already behind in assignments. I guess nothing's stopping me from eating better, I just haven't been able to bring myself to.
There comes a time when depression and/or anxiety gets so bad that it is very hard to do any of this basic stuff without some kind of help. Medication, intensive therapy, etc. I can't tell you you are or aren't at that point but don't get down on yourself for not doing the stuff. You're overwhelmed. You need help. Don't let some asshole doctor tell you all you need is some exercise and to eat salad. Obviously those things will help but if you had no problem doing them you wouldn't be here. Like I said, I'm not a professional yet but if I heard that someone was so anxious they can't open their email I would be working on an actual treatment plan and also referring for blood work to rule out anything funky like thyroid issues. Have they done blood work? Offered you an SSRI or benzo? Got a really good history of the problem?

I know you're in the midst of it and maybe I'm doing some projective identification on some level but I'm kinda angry no one is taking the ball and trying to help you. Not at you. You're taking some initiative, which is really a good step. Some doc telling you her 3 minute memorized speech on sleep hygiene and turning off your devices an hour before bed and have you tried warm milk and are you taking vitamins really grinds my gears

i hope you know you can talk to me anytime if you need to. i'll try not to play therapist (which i've been accused of but don't think i do much anymore).