View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 11:48 PM   #170
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Oh, and I guess I'll talk about how things went with that Spirit Hood girl.

Getting drinks wasn't bad. I enjoyed her company. Though we didn't seem to have a lot of taste in media in common (she likes Eminem and some country songs; seems to be the kind of person who doesn't know a lot of music, and knows radio songs rather than following artists; her favourite movie is The Notebook), I did identify with her when she said she didn't have a lot of friends, and her life is pretty much just work. I didn't feel that romantic "click," but I liked her enough that I was open to keeping the door open, maybe being friends.

She mentioned that she is a former drug addict, and that her few friends are people that she knew from her addict days who also got clean. I thought it was really cool that she kicked her addictions and turned things around. I was kind of excited about the idea of introducing her to some of the friends I've recently made so that she could have more friends, and at least know more people than just the people she used to do drugs with.

After drinks, we went back to her place. I met a couple of her friends. They were kinda... ugh. This one guy really didn't strike me as somebody who's gotten "clean," he seemed tweaky as fuck. All his stories were about getting into fights. Had one story about how he almost got fired that day for threatening an employee. High-school dropout. Goes to strip clubs. Is 23 and already has a kid (okay, I shouldn't judge, but still, I judge). The other guy just struck me as the kind of dude who does nothing but play Xbox all day. And when the bong was being passed around, he took two hits instead of just one, and pooched it before it even got to me. I did not like her friends.

I was a bit more comfortable after her friends left and we were alone. Although shit was awkward because it seemed we were both really bad at kissing. Felt like two dead trees just kinda pressing our lips together. I feel kinda bad, because since I wasn't really feeling a romantic connection, I was really only kissing for the practice, so that I wouldn't be as bad at it when I kiss people I actually find myself interested in (it's funny how the likelihood of me working up the nerve to kiss somebody is inversely proportional to how much I actually like them).

She mentioned how some new friends from work invited her to a show, and I found out that it was a local post-punk band that I really like. She didn't know them, but I told her they are great. So, we went down there together. I didn't really consider the show part of the date, so we didn't really hang around each other. Although, the next morning, I was wondering if maybe she thought I had ditched her or something, and felt really bad. Was it part of the date? I dunno, we walked there together after a date, but I thought of it as more "oh, we're both going to the same show, cool."

I ran into some friends-of-friends I met at a party once. As shallow a person as it makes me, I was kind of embarrassed to be seen by people I kinda know with somebody wearing a spirit hood and neon skate shoes. Especially when the acquaintance was like, "yeah, we saw this rave girl, and then we saw that the guy with her was you." She's a chill person, but I just never got past her style, the whole candy-kid aesthetic. I just looked past it, because although style is important to me, it's not the most important thing, and I wasn't going to let it prevent me from taking out somebody who seemed otherwise pleasant. But why was I still embarrassed to be seen with her?

I didn't see her at the show when I was going home, so she probably already left. I sent her a text the next day letting her know that, though I didn't feel the chemistry, I would still really like to be friends, and introduce her to some of my friends. She never responded.