Thread: BEST MOVIE EVER
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 06:12 PM   #30
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
At this point in the world of media, I can't even understand actually purchasing Blu-Ray/DVD/CD's for any more than 3 dollars if you're not sure if you're going to enjoy it... Sure, I buy CD's all the time on a whim for like a buck a piece, but it sounds like you actually buy a lot of new shit and then sell it for pennies after which is just reckless.
Not quite. I buy mostly used (with about 10% new), and the stuff I sell back is old, old shit that I no longer get anything from and which has been gathering dust and/or sitting in a closet for years.

When I took (foolofa foolofa foolofa) those CDs, the girl commented on my "big box of 2004." It's more about taking a good hard look at who you are and who you were, and realizing you have gotten all the enjoyment you're going to get out of something, and moving on.

I mean, if it takes me selling 25 CDs from my 20s that I don't listen to anymore to get that Blood & Black Lace (look it up) steelbook, that's a worthy trade-off in my book. Plus, I'm making sure I'm never overburdened by stuff.

I may be reading you wrong and apologize for assuming, but it sounds like you collect stuff just for the sake of "stuff," which is really problematic from my POV. I try to make sure the new things I bring into my apartment are really going to be something I genuinely enjoy and use to their fullest.