View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 02:10 AM   #99
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Finally got my hands on an SNES Classic.

PROS:
Two controllers included (the NES classic only packed in one) and longer cables than the NES Classic.
Flawless reproductions of classic games.
The ability to save states like on an emulator (though the execution of said ability is lacking).
21 games total, many if not most of which still hold up well today, with at least six or seven being all-time greats.

CONS:
No Chrono Trigger.
The cables on the controllers are still too short. Wireless controllers would have been nice.
No Chrono Trigger.
The only means of returning to the main menu is by hitting the Reset button on the console, which, also, is the only way to access a game's save state (there should have been a method implemented so you could do both of these things from the controller).
No Chrono Trigger.
The flimsy excuse of a flap that covers the controller ports is a candidate to be broken off.
No Chrono Trigger.
Neither Star Fox game really stands the test of time, the Kirby games are too gimmicky, and Super Ghouls N Ghosts is likely too punishing a game for many players.
Like the NES Classic, no (legal) method of adding other classic SNES games to the system, which is disappointing, considering there were plenty of glaring omissions from the pre-loaded library of games (ActRaiser, SoulBlazer, NBA Jam, Flashback, Final Fantasy II, Mortal Kombat II, Donkey Kong Country II, Killer Instinct, Aladdin, Secret of Evermore, Ogre Battle, Breath of Fire, and there's one more...arguably the best game ever made for the system...what was it again...?)
No Chrono Trigger.

I give it a 7.5 out of 10. I like it.