View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 12:34 AM   #137
TheDeuce
Apocalyptic Poster

i really dig The Slip after 3 or 4 listens. i realized how much Echoplex had grown on me (the "my voice just echoes off these walls" part is sweeeeeet) and i'd payed less attention to it than i had to Discipline. my initial favorite was Head Down.

i'm downloading all of the multitracks now to add to my instrumental NIN collection, which is quite big now, with Ghosts, TDS, Year Zero, a couple soundtrack songs, and 2 Saul Williams tracks. is anyone else getting all the instrumental versions? i'd be happy to upload the ones for The Slip or others. though i think you can download all of the other ones (except the two Saul Williams tracks) from Trent's profile on remix.nin.com.

an interesting thing i noticed was that if you mixed all of the tracks for Discipline together the song is 4:59 (around 30 seconds longer) and doesn't fade out. i like that ending a bit more and that's what i burned onto the version i've been listening to in my car.

i also noticed in the artwork there's a Art Is Resistance flag for Letting You, do you think that means this is basically Year Zero, Part 2?

i'd discuss all this shit at Echoing The Sound, but that don't have a "go to first new post" for their threads (which are always massive) so don't post there because i just feel lost every time i try to catch up on what's been posted since i was last there. god that always pisses me off! i fucking LOVE NIN and i'd probably quite active there if they just added that one feature.