View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 02:57 PM   #62
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i've googled my way through learning many programs. holler at me when you level up to learning pivot tables on excel, though. i had a great time last year figuring that shit out. it was fun for boring shit. basically, a pivot table provides a custom summary of more extensive data and you can view sums, averages, and other statistics across a wide range of sheets. it generates simpler charts with just the information you specify and then you can make visual graphs for those. so fun!

i was doing data analysis across three school sites (same school-3 diff. sites) and we had piles of information on the parents (immigration status, education, job, job sector, survey results, etc.) and school (demographics, family advocate name, etc). after cleaning up and reconciling the data, we could ask ourselves any question to create a pivot chart. like, what is the highest level education for parents across each school? what sectors are these groups in? it was for a workforce development pilot program and they were trying to figure out what the individual needs were for each site. anyway, it was pretty fun to fuck around with after a while.