View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 12:22 PM   #19
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by he/she/it View Post
Is that saying that the heat sink harness is broken and they put the server on its side to try to use gravity to keep it on? If the heatsink isn't clamped down tightly with no space or air between the CPU and the heatsink, then it isn't doing the job of transferring heat and the CPU will likely fry very quickly. The purpose of the thermal paste is to ensure there is no air between the CPU and the heatsink. If the heatsink was just being kept in position by gravity, with the harness broken, then there would be tons of air pockets that would be getting very hot.
Hi, Richard Spfc here, I run the site and the server and uh huh, uh huh, yes, the answer is yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by he/she/it View Post
I still want to know why SPFC never updates the gear page for SP and ignores all emails listing and showing photos of various gear SP have used throughout the years. Lots of gear from classic pumpkins is missing from their list.
If you're who I think you are, I blocked you a long time ago for running your mouth; try sending the info to me from five or so alternate email accounts all at once