View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 07:25 PM   #189
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
reprise, what is the likely line of procedure in Florida with this, will either the entire system what happens when authorities are alerted be adapted or at least checked, or will they simply ask someone to take the blame and step down, and that's that?

the story goes on and every single sentence is completely surreal to me.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...uns/366165002/
They will heavily blame the security officer who didn't go in and stop him. And the officer should have and totally fucked up, but would he have even stood a chance against an AR-15 with some shitty pistol? I doubt he had anything else.

So many fucking people fucked this up. Henderson Mental Health definitely deserves some of the blame. They are basically the tri-county mental health care system for child protection and violence cases, plus therapy etc for poor people. The fact that they never thought he was a danger after several violent incidents is terrible.

Honestly I feel like the buck stops with the sheriff but since he is a democrat and says all the right things, nothing will happen to him. I will not vote for him again, however.

There were so many chances to get this kid. FBI fucked up, Broward County fuck up, the school fucked up, henderson fucked up. Obviously they need to be able to have a better communication system. Also whatever therapist he saw fucked up by not seeing or reporting that he was a danger to others. I think he saw a therapist recently, too.

If nothing else happens, the way law enforcement and community outreach talks to each other needs to change. And mental health professionals need to be able to ask and act on if their client is known to or admits to having guns. I do not think there is a protocol to do this currently.