View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #16
KrazeeStacee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie says View Post
How did you quit?
I used this prescription pill called Chantix.

It's honestly amazing, I recommend it to anyone who's serious about quitting. It blocks the nicotine from attaching to your receptors in your brain...but you can smoke while you take it for the first week or so. You start to notice that cigarettes aren't doing anything for you..and for me, it was really only a little frustrating for 2 days. Then I was ready to quit and I was able to do so without any of the insanity.

You're supposed to take it for 12 weeks but I got mine through a friend so I only had enough for about a month. After a few weeks I was tired of having to remember to take the pills and I felt like I was alright to get off them, so I did and I've been fine. I believe the only reason they tell you to stay on them for so long is because they really do make cigarettes taste horrible because they aren't giving you any of the positive feelings you feel when you smoke...so in case you slip up and have one here or there, it ends up being nasty and you don't start smoking again.

I think the FDA just approved that it can be taken for an addition 12 weeks, if necessary.