View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #25
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I'm not really anti-Christian per say, just trying to point out how gun violence, factory farming, colonialism and obesity are problems with Christian culture.

it doesn't make much sense, does it. I've said it what seems like it must be a dozen times to you already, but all the talking points you repeat about Islam are basically true of the regimes in Saudi Arabia, Iran, The Taliban, and IS, and not many other places outside that. Islam is nothing like that in Turkey, or Malaysia, or Israel and Palestine. Even under the grip of those regimes, there are many many many people who do not agree with those interpretations of their religion. You can't paint Wahhabism and Suffism with the same brush, they couldn't be more different. It's no different than throwing a Christian soup kitchen volunteer in the same pile as a Spanish Inquisitor from the 16th century, or the Amish in the same pile as the Puritans at the Salem witch trials. One, it literally just doesn't make sense and serves only to make people stupid about actual facts and the way things actually are, and two you are repeating things that actually damage people's lives and hold them down.

Last edited by redbreegull : 02-07-2016 at 11:41 PM.