View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 08:41 AM   #186
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I feel like you are trying real hard to attack me for my opinion.

I'm out.
I thought your opinion was that the joke lacked nuance and had a fart joke punchline and was offensive. I tried to understand that - I asked you what kind of stand up or humour you do enjoy, if not that Louis CK bit. You dodged the question. Then you randomly claimed that a person can enjoy stand up and a comedian's work and still have a moral objection to work that they feel plays on people's prejudice; I said I agreed with that, and that i didn't think that joke played on that for most people who enjoy Louis CK's writing. Then you claim that it would be easy enough to write comedy that doesn't run the chance of reinforcing prejudice so comics should do that instead - so I questioned whether you understand much about what goes into writing stand up comedy material, because it's hard enough to write really funny material at all, let alone material that isn't going to hurt people in some way.

Now you say you feel like I'm attacking you, and that you're out.

So, I'm sorry you feel that way. I didn't think that was going on and I didn't mean to do that. I was genuinely trying to understand how you could look at that Louis Ck bit and see it as a lame fart-type joke.