View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #35
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Glassjaw have been a favorite since high school. Picked up EYEWTKAS in the fall of 2000 and never looked back. The lyrical content on that album doesn't quite hold up, but fuck me, the intensity of it all still gets me to this day. New album is really, really good. I wasn't expecting much but they definitely nailed it. Shame it took 15 years! Worship & Tribute came out as I was entering senior year of high school...

Circa are a band I discovered later, around the Blue Sky Noise era. I've seen them live a couple of times and they are always so much fun. The new album isn't bad, but it just hasn't clicked for me the way their previous albums have. Never dug into Saosin but kinda figured it wasn't for me. I wasn't really an emo/screamo guy, I was more on the fringe with bands like Glassjaw and Jimmy Eat World and stayed away from a lot of the Warped Tour fodder.
I still listen to Worship and Tribute a couple times a year. One of my favorite albums. GJ practically never tours though

Circa I got into on Juturna but really fell in love with On Letting Go. I think it's one of the coolest album covers ever.