View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 01:06 AM   #1
if you are
Should not post nsfw images without warning

Default the RADIOHEAD "just" video mystery

ok so it was bugging me tonight, cuz i was reading this article on great rock mysteries, and the guy said no one knows what the guy on the sidewalk says in the "just" video. he says one thing that's not in subtitles, and the next shot, everyone's lying on the concrete. supposedly what he says makes everyone lay on the concrete too.

ok so i did a quick search and found this, from some guy's online journal: "I finally reached the end of my rope and one time when the video was on, I videotaped it and explained the situation to one of my friends who is deaf and asked him to come over, watch the end of the video and read the guy's lips for me. Like I said, I just had to know.

In what proved to be the video's "playing with your mind" crescendo as well, my friend told me that the guy doesn't actually say why he's on the ground or what causes everyone else to lie down on the ground as well. He just says, "You want to know? I'll tell you... I'll tell you..." over and over. But I guess the video did its job, because 6 years later, I'm still thinking about it and wondering what the hell that guy said that had that effect on all those people."

i watched that part of the video about 5 times, and indeed, all he says is "you want to know? i'll tell you." of course the video gives the illusion that the mouthed words are the big secret, but what he says as to why he's lying on the concrete isn't in the video at all!!! the very next shot, everyone's laying down.

all the director of the video will say is "To tell you would deaden the impact, and it would probably make you want to lie down in the road, too".

now whether this means there actually is something the man says that's "cut out" (never shown) for the video, i don't know. maybe it's all just one big joke, though i doubt that........

if you guys already knew this, i apologize. but it was news to me