View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 11:04 PM   #103
DemonUnicorns
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I recall the day clearly myself. I went to a record store that is no longer at that location. Bought Adore and the Ava Adore single all on the same day. I took the CD into my room, put it into my portable CD player and push play. I recall seeing through the little window of the disc player the album spinning. A beautiful brown disc moving as if like sweet chocolate. I was siting on the floor with my back to the wall and I listen closely to the little noise I firstheard that reminded me of summer evening. And the guitar coming on with a simple pure melody. The sweet first words “twilight fades…” brought me right back to a journey that ended at the end of disc 2 of Mellon Collie called twilight to starlight… The song “To Sheila” sung to my soul and filling my eyes with happy wet tears. I cried at how beautiful that song was and I played it again right after the song ended. I went on to listen to the rest of the album and at the end I was so very moved. I was more excited about the upcoming Smashing Pumpkin show I would attend less then 20 days later. My 2nd Smashing Pumpkin concert that will always be in my memory.
Will you write a book for me