View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 04:36 AM   #29
standing
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
well first off, includign the song on the songlist is different that including the rarities & b-sides collection in the "discography". i don't necessarily agree the later should be a true part of the discography.

and also, tilt was on another comp. cd as xyumachine mentioned. so not the same thing.

I completely respect your call if you don't wanna ******* it. But I really consider the release rather official and includible. In its defense: A) It was officially released in a way that allowed the band to profit from it. B) They probably could have released it physically, but they are living out gatmog, and they had to do something to mirror zero's entire back catalogue being released on the new z-disc format. C) I can't give you a direct quote, but I read in either a billy or jimmy interview once that those two directly picked the songs to be *******d in this release. D) Not including it because it isn't physically released is not a forward-thinking call. That is probably just the future of music. (Same with movie rentals: Netflix will one day just stream a movie to you for the rental price.). Like, What if spfc was formed before cds? Would only cassette releases be *******d? I would bet that 35 years from now there will be no physically released music. So we have to start including official digital releases.
Again, I COMPLETELY respect your decision, just throwing in my 2-cents.
ps- some may think my 35 year prediction is exaggerated. But if you look at what downloadable music has done to album sales AND most people's attention spans for music from a single artist in just (maybe) 15 years, I think it's completely believable that 35 more years of this progression could completely do in printed music.