View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 10:05 PM   #156
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I liked some of the songs on Ogilala a lot, probably more than anything Bill has done since TFE. My opinion of Z and Oceania are that they are disappointing and on the low side of mediocre, but each has a few redeemable tracks. Monuments and Teargarden are fucking unlistenable trash.

I don't know what kind of bullshit crept into your brain to make you think everyone here is secretly listening to Antihero under the covers every night, then coming to school the next day and fronting with their buds. That's so much weirder and more elaborate than the truth, which is that we mostly love the old music a lot and think that after 2000, Willy Patrick had a tremendous collapse in artistic and moral quality. It's shocking and alienating to see your favorite artist deconstruct everything you thought was ever good or cool about himself in real time. I really don't get why it's so hard for you to understand why that would breed a fan community like Netphoria
You say "Monuments and Teargarden are fucking unlistenable trash", I'm certain the reason you don't preface that statement with "in my opinion" is because you're speaking from the in-group you identify with that believes this to be true, not your true opinion, and the reason you're so forcefully rebuking my assertion that you secretly love it is specifically because that serves to challenge your loyalty to the in-group. I think that if I wasn't hitting a some sort of sore spot you'd not be bringing this particular point up over and over again.