View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 06:43 PM   #47
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Salt Lake City, Utah - Illegal and brutally violent m

Quote:
Originally posted by Corganist

If that's what it takes, then its acceptable. On its face, sure, it sounds borderline excessive...but then again, we really can't hold law enforcement to standards of what "sounds" good. A lot of officers could get hurt if we impose some kind of arbitrary "2 cop limit" on taking down suspects in situations where more are actually needed. I think its entirely plausible that a woman could struggle to the point that it'd take three cops to subdue her. (not even including the very real possibility that she might have been hopped up on something)

And if I may ask, what aspect of my comments about the dog do you take issue with?
Isn't this a tautology though? You're saying that it's acceptable if that what it takes, and before you said it must have been necessary otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

As far as the dog goes, it's pretty obvious that if a dog attacks you you're likely to react in a fairly instinctual way to get the fuck away from it. To say that doing this consitutes 'resisting arrest' and therefore requires some stomach kicking is pretty stupid