View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 08:57 AM   #396
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_doom View Post
This piece of needle dropping shit said that CDs were obselete/irrelevant and had no cultural impact and would never have a nostalgia comeback moment because d I g I t a l zeros and ones, as if that was the only purpose of the compact disc. Remember how you all bought Mellon Collie and Siamese dream originally and may have fond memories? Irrelevant because zero and ones.

2:55 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLVmxL0WIPc
As much as I like C.D.'s, he's kind of right. I mean, I can't imagine going to the store and paying 15 dollars for a new Weezer C.D. when I can just download it in 20 seconds. And nowadays everyone is glued to their smart-phones and a lot of new computers don't even have a CD-drive built in. It's all about the streaming for the Zoomers... And really, it's hard to blame em.

C.D's are a good format for supporting local and smaller acts though.

With that said, I should mention that I buy more C.D's than ever, only because since C.D's are becoming obsolete, all the 80's, 90's and early 00's shit is being unloaded at thrift stores all the time, so I usually drop like 15 dollars for 20 C.D's. It's dope. On the other end of the spectrum, I was at "Sunrise Music" the other day looking at some C.D's and they had shit like Super Unknown for 17.99, I mean get real. No way music stores are gonna stay afloat with prices like that in 2019.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 09-13-2019 at 09:02 AM.