View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 06:32 AM   #1589
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post
Corgan is prone to spout off on things and to me, at least at first, him being silent about what he thinks of her mental state, playing ability, interpersonal communication abilities, etc. is actually taking the high road. If D'arcy was silent, but it was Billy spilling bile about her it would definitely be seen as him being a dick and her taking the high road. No? It seemed like a huge step forward for him to be quiet while she was being "unprofessional" in sharing personal communications.

You fucking guys better not jump all over me. I'm not Billiam apologist - I don't know the guy, I'm just a super fan. I understand his dickishness in all this, BUT it would be so much better for the tour if she was included. It hurts them all. It would at least account for a 5% bump in sales (according to my calculations) and they could also do the over-the-top KISS/Eagles/Motley thing of huge press conferences and being able to freely use the "reunion" gimmick.

In a recent interview (Maybe Beats 1) he spoke of his initial sort of philosophical split with her. Something like she saw music as a "lifestyle thing" where he was 24/7. He noted, "we would get together and it was obvious she hadn't touched her instrument in 2 weeks." If he's pissy about her not playing for two weeks, imagine the trepidation of not playing for 18 years with this much on the line. He would certainly not go beyond the "Adler deal" in that situation. If she is unstable or at least not willing to submit her life to the band the whole thing would disintegrate if she was having issues every night and not being lock-step with a group of guys that are at the top of their game from a playing perspective. It would make the band legacy and their relationship worse than it is now. Is that hyperbolic to think of it that way?

She is silent now because she was surely descended upon by an army of lawyers due to the slanderous things she was saying. If you're cool it's not slanderous (or libelous?) but if you're a lawyer it is. BUT why hasn't she released any Fuck Off videos of her cranking through "Silverfuck" or "Hummer" or "Cherub Rock" to dispel the notion that she is way out of practice? Of course she doesn't have anything to prove to people that love her, but it wouldn't hurt her angle in this argument.

The in-person meeting thing is a he said/she said. I know they said she was invited to LA and she said it was bullshit, but didn't he recently say (Stern?) that he lives about 1.5 hours from her and could not get a meeting on the books?

If you leave a band because you don't like the oppressive attitude of the leader, you don't like touring, you don't like hours in the studio, you scoff at the dedication to your instrument and duties that are expected of you, you roll your eyes and undermine your bandmates in televised interviews, and you have drug/alcohol/mood issues, don't you think that her return would be treated cautiously (Adler role) at best? If she was the same it would work for a cash grab 10-month tour, but would be incredibly detrimental to the band if they were serious about forging ahead again as a unit.

Who would hire someone who hasnt played her instrument for 19 years regularly? Who would want to go on tour with someone who has an alcohol, pill or psychological prob??
Would you take that risk?

Billy is a psycho but he is the boss. Darcy is a insecure posssible drug addicted cow girl who feels let down.

I am glad that she isnt there cause i dont wanna see a musical disaster