View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #188
Ram27
dumb

thanks so much guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
May this mean there is hope yet for our lovelorn percussionist.
i think i'll start a band called lovelorn percussionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
it is odd that you are presumably my age Ram but alas young lad I too once felt that I was never ever, ever getting over this crush my 20 page declaration now lost with the Oboard of lore

in retrospect the glorification of a relatively average woman had much more to do with the unfulfilling life I was leading than with her being the actual center of the Universe

she won't be the last, mate
i know you're totally right. thanks. why do our brains have to do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I hate to do the whole "you'll get over it, kid" bit, because even though it's true, it doesn't feel true for you yet, and no amount of people telling you that will make it feel true. Only time and experience will. At this point, me telling you that probably only feels dismissive.

I think I need to work on not making my happiness dependent on other people, and maybe we have that in common. You mention seeing her being the one light in an otherwise bleak period of your life. Maybe you need more lights? Engaging in things you're passionate about?

I'm probably giving shitty advice. I mean, if somebody told me to start putting more time into my passions, I'd probably be like, "Ha, not likely. No time and energy between my responsibilities and being so exhausted from my responsibilities that I can't do anything I actually care about."
I really appreciate it; I know everyone's right when they say I'll get over her. But yeah, it doesn't feel right inside

Well, during the dark times, it was her, this broadcasting class, and baseball. And those were all tied together, somehow deifying her more. And the dark times started because I was trying to engage in something I was very passionate about, drumming, but then couldn't anymore...which is why it hurt so much and those three things helped so much.

For some reason I've never entirely had issues with finding hobbies. Like after the whole police bullshit and I couldn't drum anymore, I started focusing on guitar more. I'm never too tired to do something I like