Thread: TV thread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #54
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

ok so, in a bleak post-Sopranos world, i was looking for some new shows to watch, and what i ended up with is this list:

* The Wire (missed it all these years and ppl keep saying it's one of the greatest ever)
* The Americans
* Mr. Robot

in the comedy corner -

* Bojack
* People Just Do Nothing
* Mindhunter (cause still being obsessed with serial killaz is a joke)

there's also a new season of Black Mirror coming up, but i kind of fear it's gonna keep going downhill after last season was handed over to US production. i wasn't able to get a clear answer if the new season is going to be british or american production, but this quote i dug up certainly does not bode well:

Quote:
(Show Producer Annabelle -t.b!!1) Jones teased: “It’s absolutely full of ideas that whip along and before you know it you’re at the end of a 90-minute film and you’re like, ‘Oh my God, can you please stop? This is horrendous – stop throwing me these things!”
one of the things that bothered me most about last season was how it seemed hellbent on torturing the viewer with obscenely dark outlooks on possible dystopian futures, rather than suggest them and horrify you subtly, like the show famously did during its british-made seasons. nuance?What the fuck is nuance? LET'S GO BRO HELL YEAH SCARRRYYYY. so yeah, that quote is bad news