View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 02:21 AM   #200
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Shapiro is something else

but I don't know if you're just doomed to sillyness by the nature of trying to position as a "conservative intellectual"

great dissecting of the guy in this article: https://static.currentaffairs.org/20...ds-philosopher
This is strange. I quite like Ben Shapiro, actually. I'll do some research of my own, I guess. Dude IS really smart, though. He skipped two grades, got into high school at a very young age, got into UCLA at the age of 16.
It's a good thing he isn't far-right though. He left Breitbart right when Andrew Breitbart died and Steve Bannon joined, he really doesn't like that guy.

Quote:
Shapiro wrote for the Daily Bruin as a 16-year-old undergrad at UCLA. Breitbart eventually hired Shapiro, years later, but died a month after Shapiro came aboard. Under a new boss, Steve Bannon, Breitbart News cozied up to the Trump campaign and to the burgeoning alt-right movement. Shapiro was disgusted by both. The treatment of Fields was his breaking point.

“In my opinion, Steve Bannon is a bully,” he said in a statement at the time, explaining his resignation from Breitbart, “and has sold out Andrew’s mission in order to back another bully, Donald Trump; he has shaped the company into Trump’s personal Pravda.”