View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 04:15 AM   #195
TheDeuce
Apocalyptic Poster

The Breeders-Cannonball. this one was the only track still tagged. i like this song though. i feel like i've heard it in a movie or owned it on a sountrack or something. i have a friend that's really into the breeders. this song makes me want to check them out.

at first i thought this was Love Will Tear Us Apart from how it starts. seems older with a, i don't know, thin(?) production. not a bad tune, i like the playing and everything but it didn't really stand out.

i want to say this is a Barenaked Ladies song that i haven't heard because the vocals sound like it has to be one of the dudes that sing for them. good song. i like the guitar.

i didn't really care for this song. i found the chicks vocals and melody kind of annoying.

The Magnetic Fields? Sounds like Stephin Merritt to me. i've always kinda dug them, but never really checked them out. this is a cool, islandy, fun song.

not a bad song. kind of uneventful like the 2nd track. the vocals seemed to far back in the mix.

another meh track. the vocals seemed really lazy and the guitar sound bugged me.

short song. they sound british. not bad. i'd think about checking out more by these guys.

this is really cool track. i really like the guy's voice. cool lyrics. i like the way the drums sound. i'd love to hear more.

i really like this one two. cool production sound. i like the guys voice. a simpler song with a nice sounding outro.

this made me think of another band's sound right off the bat, but i couldn't think of who. the guitar sound specifically. good song. is it r.e.m.?

i like the overall tone of this one. the vocals seem a bit quite, but i dig the instrumentation. 80's post-punk band?

cooler slower song. i like the mood it sets. cool lyrics too. i like how the guy singing background vocals sounds with the chick during the chorus.

this chick's vocals seem a littler over the top during the verses, but damn that chorus is pretty bad-ass. her voice sounds slightly familiar.

i liked how at first i thought the whole song was going to be really lo-fi and how it progressed into just sounding, um, not lo-fi so much. i like the sound of this band. but it does seem to build a little too slowly and end to early.

cool sound with the electronic beats and the acoustic sounding guitar. i like this guys voice and the melody of this song. really cool how a bunch of different things seem to go in and out during the whole song. one of my favorites of the bunch.

another 80's sounding track. i don't really like this guys voice. this song didn't "satisfy" me.

i like this one. very dreamy. i like how it floats along, builds, speeds up. i like how the vocals were done. the guitar work is really fun to listen to as well.

this is a cool track. i like the vocalist and the percussion and layered background vocals set a cool tone. chill track. would like to hear more.

i didn't really care for this track. it was, i don't know, just kind of boring.

this makes me think of john mayer on a piano. i don't know if he plays the piano though. nice little track to end the mix on. the horns near the end were a pretty cool touch.

all in all i'd say i was pretty underwhelmed by this mix. some tracks i didn't like much at all and quite a few of them i found it was hard to pay attention to or notice much of anything that really stood out. there were a couple cool tracks and i may check out some of the artists. i appreciate the person that made my mix putting the effort into making it though. thanks!