View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 04:58 PM   #21
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
I believe Ugly, Tonite Reprise and a third one... My bet for the third one is on Cherry, God or Set The Ray-- one of the b-sides that Flood &B Alan co-produced.

I doubt it was Infinite Sadness, as that was literally a Siamese outtake that the engineers specifically identified as a future b-side.

Medellia was recorded after MC was completed, so I don't think that was it. SP seemed to have a history of going back in a studio and cutting (or re-cutting) additional songs right after they completed an album proper, songs that probably fell to the way side after a big push to finish the record. Medellia seemed to be one of those tracks. Also Corgan tells an interesting story in the Aeroplane reissue box (which I was meaning to transcribe and 1include it in the Recording Sessions) in which he devised a challenge to release 28 b-sides to match 28 album tracks. So all of 1996 was spent tracking down any unfinished MC-era song-scrap and finishing it for a b-side purpose, and again, Medellia was just one of those.
Well, I included "Infinite Sadness" because it is on the official vinyl tracklist when it originally came out, which is probably the only thing that I love about the vinyl tracklist. I hate the vinyl track order, but that song would make an amazing album closer. Wish the CD included it.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smashing...release/788491

For me, "The Aeroplane Flies High," "Pennies," and "Mouths Of Babes" are my top 3 b-sides.