View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #19
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
"William Patrick Corgan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a man I respect so much, and who is so cool he doesn't need social media. Jeff 'The Shredder' Schroeder of The Smashing Pumpkins"

>>>

"Chris Byrne
It's my son's birthday too. Happy birthday Mike!"

...just stumbled upon this article from 2009...LOL:

Quote:
When he was well enough to head to the airport, he looked at the ticket and realized it was first class.

Maybe, his mother suggested, it was because he had to re-book on late notice. No coach left, so he had to go in style. Turns out, no, that wasn't it. Byrne flies first class now. He called his parents when he landed to declare the flight attendants had served him warm cookies and milk.

"I'm such a rock star," he told his mom.

Still, when Chris Byrne arrived in Chicago she found his hotel room kitchen filled with Top Ramen, mac and cheese and HotPockets. He left her a key at the desk because he was still at the studio, hard at work. While he was well taken care of during the stay in California, Chris Byrne says this is Mike's first work under his new Smashing Pumpkins contract. Without being specific, she sounds impressed by the details.
Quote:
Mom and Dad worry, yes. But Chris Byrne says Mike has talked about wanting to stay away from drugs, because that would take away from the art and the music. She realizes that she'd be just as worried if he had moved across the country for college.

As for Byrne, you haven't heard excitement until you've heard him talk. There was one night on that mini-tour where he flubbed the beginning of a song. Corgan stopped the band and made a crack about rookie mistakes. The place went nuts.

"I can screw up and they're still happy with me," Byrne says. "That's awesome."

http://www.oregonlive.com/music/inde...goes_from.html