View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #2909
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
typical to my personality I don't want show up in people's feeds unless I have some really sick photos of me totally doing stuff

however I haven't any friends or really want any

I liked the situation of just having a significant other, that satisfied my social requirements =(
That's kinda my fear. Having few or no social connections beyond a significant other. Which probably sounds funny, given how I'm always whining about nobody being interested in me.

Like, something just seems really unhealthy and tenuous about having another human being be your entire world.

I don't even like the idea of being one of those couples that does literally everything together. I think that's why I'm drawn to women with strong senses of identities, and their own interests in passions. I kind of like the idea that we would always have our own things going on, and we would support each other in them, but we would still be independent.

Also, yeah, social impression management is one of the reasons I got rid of Facebook. I just didn't feel I had anything to "show" on there. Even just having an Instagram for my photography is bringing back some of that social media anxiety, and I'd get rid of it if there were any other platform I could upload my photography to that people actually still use (nobody gives a shit about Flickr and DeviantArt is just creepy).