View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #38
songs by mister
Amish Rake Fighter

thank you slunken. the first record store day focused more on free records much like free comic book day, which is intended to encourage new people to visit comic book stores.

the first record store day only had 10 exclusive releases and they were not intentionally super limited to cause consumers headaches.

two years later, record store day has 150 exclusive releases, many of which were intentionally under pressed.

while i have complete control over whether or not i choose to pay inflated prices from resellers, i have no control over the fact that an item i wanted was intentionally pressed in small quantities to generate hype.

i personally am very fortunate to be able to afford to spend a few hundred on records every week, so record store day didn't necessarily put a dent in my wallet compared to the week before or the week after, but that doesn't mean i agree with the direction RSD has gone in.

if you disagree with my opinion, that's cool. but there's no need to be rude or hostile simply because i'm a stranger on the internet. would you be so unkind if we were having this conversation in person?