View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #15
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
had one in highschool who was super cool, my first time seeing a therapist. was a wreck without him, i wonder what he's up to now. dude was super cool and helped me out a ton. i didn't know about the concept of therapy before him.

then in college i had a couple terrible shitheads, i just saw them every so often so i could get antidepressants, they weren't really therapists if i'm being fair, they were psychiatrists (residents i think), it was really awful. they weren't much older than i was, didn't give a shit, the whole thing made me feel terrible.

then after college i iddn't have one for quite some time (~5 years), until i really needed one. first one i had then was super bad, spent the whole time trying to tell me about her stuff, it was super frustrating because i desperately needed help.

and thank goodness i then found the one who i saw for the last 11 years. really fortunate. #LindaRules
glad you had linda. i've seen mine now for 7 years... bit more. i hope she doesn't move, but she's in her late 50s and already living where people retire so hopefully she stays. she also has at least several long term clients with complex PTSD (including me) who she knows need the long term relationship. not that she should stay or would stay just because of us, but i'm sure it factors in.

i expressed to her that she is a saint yesterday, after a particularly hard session where i was crying about how what happened to me was so bad i had to turn on dissociation 24/7 and it's been like 14 years since i've been out of that situation and still can't fucking turn it off, and how fucked up it is. and all this time without improvement (in this one area) and she still is patient with me about it and still trying despite my constant reporting that it has not gotten at all better even with 7 years of seeing her, my doubt it will ever get better, etc. although i have moved from not even wanting it to get better to wanting it but really afraid to wanting it but not as afraid. so that's progress i guess. she said it is her honor to hang in there with me