View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 07:30 AM   #265
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairun View Post
Alternatively:

- Bill is broke and/or craves validation, so he feels the need not only to book an arena tour, but also to paint it as a reunion (or else no one will show up).

- D'arcy actually wants a reunion on her terms, not only Billy's, but he's not having it. Whether he's justified in worrying about her capacity to play is irrelevant. He's not approaching her as you would approach a real person with real wants and needs. He needs something out of her (token participation - or at least her blessing - to draw the fans in), and he will do anything to rope her into it.

- She calls out his manipulation and disregard for her as an autonomous human being, she goes into detail about his history of abuse, and this is honestly what you choose to focus on? Bill's precious little tour? In the late 90s, D'arcy didn't have a mental breakdown and panic attacks "from pressures of being in this band touring". Don't normalize this shit. Withstanding abuse is not a part of the job. It's really rich for Bill to exclude her due to "concerns about her mental health" when HE was the cause of her poor mental health in the first place, and it's clear that he hasn't changed.
yet, she can't answer why would James be there for Billy.

It sounds more like she was trying to make things difficult to the point they would naturally push her out without a property reply from her.

"I'm with my mom, I don't want to be rude to her". What?

I also understand this reunion tour was going to happen regardless. Billy wants to be relevant once again, James is here... Jimmy is in... I understand her frustration, on the other hand she had the opportunity to meet them and prove she was fit and able to play with the band again.