View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #112
TheLucky13
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs1933 View Post
I listened to a lot of the interview while I was getting ready this morning and it made me really optimistic. I like that he seems open to anything. We'll see how things go - but it feels good right now.

I know people have criticized about the "engaged consumer" or whatever the phrasing was. But I really get the whole energy exchange thing. I mean, it's really got to be a lot more work than it's worth and I think as fans we have a unique opportunity to hear material that fans of most other bands would never be able to obtain. And we certainly have a lot more potential for access without all the big label business in the way...

So we're spewing out all of these ideas of what we want - are they going anywhere - are we going to be able to see a tally of what is on the table for suggestion as we move forward? It just seems like a brainstorming meeting where no one is taking notes.

Defining what "everything" is - a few specific categories come to mind of things that I would like to see.

1. Studio recordings / demos of songs that didn't make the cut / Pistachio Medley tracks
2. Studio recordings / demos of songs that have much different versions than we are used to
3. Live recordings of unique shows (Double Door, Berlin Surprise Acoustic, Halloween, Bridge Schools, Lolla 2nd Stage, etc...)
4. Live recordings from each particular tour

On 2 - I'm sure others will disagree, but I personally have limited interest in alternate takes, and subtly different mixes. I'm more interested in things like all the differences between Ugly on the various demo tapes and the end result. I think he also mentions stuff like 1979 rock version, TOASE non distorted, etc...

On 4 - I would most like to hear 1-3 great shows from each tour / tour leg. For instance the MCIS tour had several different iterations between the Pajama sets and the later arena tours with different versions of Silverfuck, Space Jam and adding TAFH. This category includes the smaller tours Arising, 97 Euro Festivals, Residencies, etc...
Thank you for your input. We are collecting both quantitative and qualitative data. Notes are definitely being taken and the results will help guide decisions that we will take as a team.