View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #23
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corganist View Post
Who says they're paying for everything? Trying to get the US government to pay for the health care related things they're already obligated to pay for (Medicare and things of that nature) is like pulling teeth as it is, what with all the ridiculous amount of red tape and all. I don't see how the government is going to somehow get less tight fisted and easier to deal with when they're in charge of everything. I think it's really naive to think that the government is going to be any more willing to write a big check for a medically questionable procedure than an insurance company would be.
Obviously, any health-care reform in the United States in favor of a socialized system would come with a significant amount of reworking in how the government handles these kinds of things. I don't think how the US Government handles these sorts of things now is any indicator of how things would work in a completely Universal system, because it's such a massive sea change in how we do things in this country and would require a completely different ground-work and way of thinking and operating.