View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 01:02 AM   #16
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
you're just getting old, apparently no mental health issues here

try listening to new music while doing something else, like playing video games of doing the dishes, things that will keep you from skipping tracks, that way you will get familiar with the songs
this is a good idea. yeah i think active listening is my enemy for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
you may just not be ready to get into new music, tbh. when you are, it'll be a pleasure to sift through certain things that either somehow correlate with what you already love or are just new experiences altogether. no point in forcing it
maybe - it seems like there's so many shitty experiences of like 'i should like this but don't' - if it's something that correlates to what i do like

i hate new experiences lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
try big thief

last album Two Hands is good
'Not' is fucking cool cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
or wait

was this thread meant at all for you to get into new music
i don't even know anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Cocteau Twins are legit tho

could go the similar artists route

like for CT you might also like Xmal D if you like the early goth stuff or maybe Galaxie 500 for pretty pretty guitars
yess G500 is great. again i can't even remember how i found them. i know i got into g500 first, then cocteau twins from a sportswriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Is this a new thing or an all-the-time thing? I go through phases where everything bores me and I don't even want to listen to old favorites, but those usually don't last more than a week.
definitely not a phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
May I suggest some Mamaleek? "Album was recorded live with little to no overdubs."
i need to remember that when angry. that midwife song was great - 'heaven metal' i think she described her stuff as? that's awesome