View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 10:01 PM   #1
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Default KEEP CALM AND STUDY ON: NETPHORIANS IN COLLEGE - WORLD TOUR 2016/2017

I dunno the title is just a joke I'm not on a world tour just in hot as fuck south florida.

So I know ****** and I are in school... who else???

Mine started this week, on Tuesday. It seems like Tues/Thurs will be very intellectual days focusing on clinical stuff (abnormal and clinical psych) and Wed/Fri will be more interactive and creative (Honors Seminar and Cognition) class. I'm cool with that. Cognition is assignment heavy, but my two clinical classes are midterm/final only, and my HS we just read and present chapters from books and have a term paper. The rest of the time we learn about how to do academic research (like, the kind of research faculty is doing and how we can get involved) and get to see high level presentations by faculty. Pretty sweet. It also only has 11 people in the class. We sit at a big table. It's basically introduction to grad school.

Plus I'm going to be a research assistant, directed independent study, in a close relationships lab. Doing behavioral coding and administering testing protocol and such. Cool things.

Who else is in school? Tell me about what you're studying, how far along you are, and your career goals. Bueller?

After this semester I'll have 94 credits, firmly in senior territory. But that would leave me graduating on an off semester, which is probably not the best plan. I'm going to end up getting more involved in something - either internship, or some honors society stuff. I need to stay full time so I'm just going to end up with more than 120 credits, which is fine. I'll also end up taking next summer off completely, or more likely just working on honors thesis but not earning any credits. But I just didn't plan it too great. Probably need to set up a counseling meeting to sort it all out.

After this semester I have to take 1) research methods 2) honors special topics and 3) honors thesis, and then for the remaining 17+ credits I can basically take whatever the fuck I want! I definitely want to squeeze in some stuff to make me more well-rounded, like African American history and some sociology stuff, plus there's 3 or 4 psych electives I still want to take (psychopharm, psych and the law, developmental psychobiology, human perception). Alternatively, I could say fuck doing an honors thesis and only have to take research methods and then whatever else I want. But lol who am I kidding #overachiever #4.0gpa #yeahthatsrightbitch #waitingformybubbletoburst

Last edited by reprise85 : 08-24-2016 at 10:08 PM.