View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 11:39 PM   #66
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
so this is pretty much a done deal. they didn't ask for a deposit to keep the place for me which i find a bit weird, but they sent me a copy of the lease and i will be signing it on the 29th. they are giving me a couple free days at the end of this month and i'm also going to pay for a week at my current apartment so i have time to move and clean and not feel too pressured.

i have very little furniture and almost all of it is shitty. my mom offered to buy me furniture and i think i'm going to take her up on it. just get rid of everything except this one table i have. we are going to go to faith farms which is higher-end (not "high" but not shit) thrift store with a ton of new and used furniture. and the backup would be rooms to go or some place like that. going to get a bedroom set, couch, and kitchen table basically. once i move in i'll be on the lookout on a really good deal on one of those large, intricate cat trees

i've never really been able to style my own place before so i'm pretty excited. although i like plain shit so it'll prob end up being all black/white modern looking but whatever. and then i gotta remember i need stuff like trash cans and basic kitchen things. towels. etc.

and then i need to order internet service, i was about to do so tonight but it won't accept my address and i don't feel like calling them. and then there is electricity. and forwarding/changing mailing address. and changing my address on all of my banking products etc.

what else do i need to do dudes?
Renter's insurance?