View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #968
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Thing is, you lucked out in seeing a good Manson show. 50% of the time nowadays he's too drunk to perform properly. Don't forget, he cancelled Toronto due to "being sick" and he and Rob Zombie were laughing at it at Heavy MTL the next day.

Fucker came here two years ago, I told my girlfriend he wasn't worth attending anymore but she'd never seen him so I took the chance. Setlist was 10 or 12 songs, he slurred his way through four before disappearing backstage for ten minutes while the whole darkened arena started booing and chanting for Slipknot to come out. He showed back up, did Sweet Dreams, let the crowd Karaoke Beautiful people and fucked off. 8 songs total. Slipknot blew him away.

Manson was always about theatrics, yeah, but when he was actually relevant he had energy to spare even when he had to huff from an oxygen tank. I would be embarrassed to see him now because I can recall when his stage shows were worth a damn. Now he's just going through the motions - when he can.

I've been saying it for years; Manson should retire the whole shock rock shtick and change his approach to some form of doomy blues artist. I wouldn't give two shits if he ditched all the makeup, and I was a fan for fifteen years.

I wish the theatrics in SP's show were dialed down a bit too, but at least there's a kind of cynical vibe Billy's going for by making it all over the top on purpose. It's all spite because he's got to be a greatest hits act now, and I can appreciate that, and the arena audiences are eating it up, in addition to the fact that they're playing better than they have in years. Maybe next time they'll dial it down.
Yeah, I heard about the Toronto show. Me and another guy in the audience were taking bets on whether he would cancel again when the opening act came out about 10 minutes after they were supposed to, lol.

I probably did luck out with Manson; I have no doubt that many of his shows have been like the one you experienced. He did come off like a total dick when he got these three girls and one dumbass guy to all come up on stage and take their shirts off. Once of these girls looked WAYYYY to young to be doing that.

As for Billy, yeah, I see your point there, but I'm not sure that the fans have all been eating up all of the weird Bill-centric art and videos. People sitting around me were all like, "What the fuck is this?" and I've seen a lot of criticism about it online. I don't think it ruins the show by any means but it does seem to be too much. He can certainly do away with the Mark McGrath shit. For fuck sake, NO ONE but him thinks that's a good idea.