View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #112
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtSampson View Post
I can’t imagine this song being a grower. There’s absolutely no substance here, and I feel like I’m not gonna suddenly hear something on my 15th listen that I didn’t hear on my first
Not so much that I think it's a grower necessarily, but I just don't do hyperbolic reactions immediately after first listens anymore. I just tend to let things simmer and mull them over for a while.

More impressions:

-Bill's trying really hard not to drop consonants anymore, there's some creaks in his voice on the -y of 'body' in a spot or two, like he's not used to enunciating that way. Vibrato's been brought down a few notches.

-Lyrics are a step or two away from flowery nonsense garbage, which IMO is a step in the right direction.

-Production is all over the place. Everything feels like it's fighting for dominance and dry is the word.

-Really, really needed a solo. Without one the song feels quickly over and done.

-Not the worst thing I've heard out of latter-day SP. Falls far short of Tarantula, but I would still take it over Doomsday Cock and it's much less embarrassing than Run2Me. It's kinda catchy on repeat listens but has no real staying power. It aims to be exactly what Bill described it as - 'a 90's rocker', but it's a really generic one.