View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #76
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Put the zwan album on in the car today to see if it sucked as hard as i membered it

Aaaaaaaaaaand yes. It remains like a two star album for me.

The drumming is cool (if a bit showy) throughout but gosh the tracklisting and lyrics and general vibe are so disappointing compared to what came before.

Only tracks i’d Keep:

Settle Down
Endless Summah
Yeah
Jesus/Mary

And i guess i don’t hate honestly anymore, tho couldnt stand it when it came out b/c it was so transparently the bland/cynical attempt to capture pop radio, wholly unrepresentative of the musical group we’d come to know from live performances. Which basically everything else on the album feels like

Used to like desire, but other than the neat interlocking guitar parts, it’s garbage to me now. Bills lyrics and delivery kill it for me
I actually think Honestly is one of the better tracks on the album. It sounds like an upbeat, poppy version of Siamese Dream. Aside from that, the only 2 other tracks I like are Desire and JI/MSOTS. Yeah and Declarations of Faith are okay too, but there's some real brutal shit... I'm surprised you listed Settle Down, that's one of the tracks I find awful.